Saturday, November 11, 2017

Celebrating an Interview at "Journey To A Dream"

Craig Briggs interviewed me for the "Some-day Supplement" issue of his blog, Journey to a Dream. Stop by and have a look. The "Some-day Supplement" is always a fun issue, containing a fabulous recipe laid out step-by-step by his wife, Melanie, a travel article by Craig, an interview with an author, and fabulous pictures Here's the LINK .

Craig and Melanie
Their sweet dog, Slawit
The Ribera Sacra region
close to where they live









Craig and Melanie live in Canabal, (a village in Galicia , the autonomous region of Spain where Rajan and I visit twice a year.) So the main heading for the "Some-day Supplement" is Canabal Chronicle. For those of you who like to read about far-away place and enjoy a little history about foreign cities, this is a site to book-mark.

That's my news for today. Please hop on over and take a peek.                                                                       

Meanwhile: Celebrate the Small Things  is a blog hop co-hosted by Lexa Cain at: Lexa Cain,  L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge , and Tonja Drecker @ Tidbits Blog(You can go to any of these sites to add your name to the links, if you want to participate. )  


How about you? Do you enjoy good recipes? Travel pictures?

18 comments:

Suzanne Furness said...

I do enjoy trying new foods and recipes especially when they are regional. That's always one of the things I enjoy most about travelling.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Hi, Suzanne. Me, too. Food is such a reflection of the culture. You would love the little custard pastries Melanie features in this week's recipe.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on the interview. And it sounds like the perfect combination: a fantastic writer and a great interview for the Some-day Supplement.

And who doesn't enjoy reading about food? Being able to recreate the recipe is another (and very different) subject.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Thanks for stopping by, Bb & Elizabeth. the Some-day Supplement is a fun place to visit often. Let me assure you, if you recreate this recipe (the Portuguese tarts), you will be in heaven. They are so delicious. Have a great day.

Tonja Drecker said...

Congratulations on the interview! I love discovering new recipes and trying new things. There's just so much yummy variety in the world.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

There is, indeed, Tonja. I'm so glad to have some of the recipes floating around, too. I've cooked a few I downloaded from the Internet and they really WERE yummy. Hope you've been having a good week-end.

Tamara Narayan said...

I love travel pictures. My dad used to get calendars featuring gorgeous pictures of mountains in Europe from work (BASF). I hung them from my walls as posters for years.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

That's such a great idea, Tamara. I use calendar pictures of landscapes like that to inspire kids in my art class. But I love the idea of using them for travel posters.

Mirka Breen said...

I travel vicariously with you. (Although I did just return from a family event on the other coast, it was brief.)

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Hi, Mirka, thanks for stopping by. I travel vicariously through other friends as well. My husband and I go to Spain, but deep in my heart I've also always wanted to go to Ireland. Since we can't do everything, I hound my Irish sister-in-law to share pictures and such overtime she goes back to visit relatives in Galway area. (She lives in England now.)

Kate Larkindale said...

Since I haven't travelled anywhere for so long, I look forward to your pictures and stories about Spain as a way to travel vicariously...

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Oh, thank you, Kate! That makes me very happy. I love sharing photos and things going on in our favorite area. I travel vicariously, too. Ireland and Scotland are places I love to hear about. Have a great week-end.

Sandra Cox said...

Just stopped by Craig's. Lovely blog. Lovely interview.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Oh, I'm glad you did, Sandra. They are lovely people. That interview was great gun.

Cathy said...

The tarts look delicious and the pictures were breathtaking.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Hi, Cathy. Thanks for stopping by. Those tarts really ARE delicious. And I agree about the photographs. Both Craig and Melanie take some lovely pictures of the region.

cleemckenzie said...

They live in one beautiful spot, don't they? How wonderful that you visit there frequently.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Hi, Lee. Indeed they do! The whole area is beautiful, and from their house they have an incredible. view.