Friday, November 20, 2015

Has it been two weeks????

                                                     
Wow, time flies. This is kinda double celebrating, 2 weeks worth;  But first, hats off to the two co-hosts for this blog hop,  Lexa Cain @ Lexa Cain , L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge , and Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog  You can go to any of these sites to get all the links and add your name to the links. 

So, what am I celebrating:

1. I'm writing a new Imogene story for an anthology, and it's going well. Tons of research, as usual, but that's going well, too. And, as a matter of fact, I love research, especially historical research.

2. Art Club at the community center started 2 weeks ago -- well, three -- and I have such a wonderful class. The class is mainly for 8-to-12-year-olds, but I have two 7-year-olds and three 6-year-olds. Normally I don't take students that young, because the class is an hour and a half long. But these little sweeties are so focused, they are in like Flynn, as the saying goes.

Two weeks ago I attended Stories on Stage in Davis, (there's one in Sacramento, too). A writer friend of mine was there, and I took copies of his mystery to sign. And Catriona McPherson, one of my favorite authors, was there, and I won a copy of her latest book! I couldn't believe it, but there you are!

Have you ever won something that you didn't expect to win? Do you enjoy doing research?


4 comments:

Kate Larkindale said...

Sounds like you've had a great couple of weeks. No wonder you are celebrating.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Hi, Kate, thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

Rosi said...

Great couple of weeks for you. Good on you.

Tonja Drecker said...

That's such a fun age group to work with - still too young to get too disrespectful and full of wonder. Enjoy them.
Sounds like you're having fun with the short. Research is the best, especially historic. Good luck with it!