Friday, June 7, 2019

Still Writing — This time a Mailing List

Wonderful news that I came home to from our recent trip to Spain and Portugal: My chapbook, Saudade, Thirty Poems of Longing, was accepted by a publisher.

I have tons of pictures from our trip still not yet downloaded, along with brochures for a wonderful day we spent in Madrid. But I haven't had time for any of that, because there is lots to do to get ready for the publication of my chapbook, including compiling a mailing list, among other things.

Also, tomorrow I will be reading from my story collection, Carnival of the Animals, at the Folsom City Zoo. 10:30 a.m. I'll be signing books, too. If you are in the area, please come.

So everything is on hold for a few more days. Thank you for your patience! Please hang in there and don't go way. Eventually, I will be back to regular posting.

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

CONGRATULATIONS. What a great surprise upon your return home. I'll still be here, keeping the lights on until your feet finally hit the ground again.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Thanks so much, Elizabeth. I'll try to make that happen as soon as possible! :-) Have a great day.

writing and living by Richard P Hughes said...

It's good to see you accomplishing so many different things. Keep up the good work.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Thanks, Richard. I certainly have been busier than I ever imagine i would be at this point in the road. I hope your own writing and your art work are going well.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

A big congratulations!! How exciting!
Sounds like you are super busy--but it's the good kind of busy.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Hi, Lynda! Exactly! This kind of busy I could learn to love, lol. Have a great day.

Sandra Cox said...

Lots going on at your end.
Many congrats on getting a publisher for Saudade, Thirty Poems of Longing.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Thanks, Sandra. I was surprised. This is my first chapbook, and they were the second publisher I queried (and they have a good reputation). Whereas, my fiction has had a tougher challenge. It has been getting published, but only after multiple submissions.