Friday, August 20, 2021

Cataract Surgery

Dear friends, 

sorry I've been silent again. On Tuesday I had cataract surgery and had to stay off the computer for three days. Even now, I'm keeping that eye closed just for good measure. Tomorrow I can do all things in my normal life again, but for three days I couldn't read, or use the computer. (So I listened to music and my Portuguese CDs. But really, I love being online and hated missing all the news. And no reading? Aaarrrrgh!)
But the surgery went very well. My surgeon checked the eye (left) yesterday and is quite satisfied. After my three week period of eyedrops is over, I have another appointment to get a prescription for glasses. Interestingly, the opthamologist does all the optometry testing/prescription as well. I have to say, I like the idea of one person keeping track of my eyes instead of two departments. It's a different system. And I do like my opthamologist, although I had a super one in Sacramento. She was great, too.
Rajan has an appointment next Tuesday, as it's time for him to get a new prescription.
Meanwhile, today I get to go out walking again! (I've missed that, too!)

I'll sign off for now but will be back soon. Everyone have a great day.

12 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

You did very well to type this flawless post so soon after the operation. May you soon see better than ever.

Anvilcloud said...

It seems to have gone well.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be so late visiting. On Friday, I was without power for over 16 hours. I am hugging my AC about now after suffering 100 F heat for a full day!

Glad the surgery went well. It's good to know you were back reading and writing by the time I read this.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Mirka - that post was typed with the operative eye closed. :-) Always nice to see you here. Thanks for stopping by.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Hi, AC; yes it did, thank goodness. I know they have this surgery nailed, but I couldn't help feeling a little nervous ahead of time. Glad to have it over and done. :-)

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Oh, dear, Elizabeth, how frustrating to be w/o power in such heat. I'm glad everything is back again. Take caare, and thanks for stopping by.

Sandra Cox said...

Glad it went well and that you can read again:)

Rosi said...

I'm glad to hear everything went so well. When my hubby had his cataract surgery, he said it was easy and wonderfully effective. I know you will be fully back to it soon.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Hi, Sandra; Yes, it's great to read again. I am so hooked on books! But I'm still trying not to over do it. Thanks for stopping by.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Good morning, Rosi, I enjoyed your comment: Your hubby was right. What a difference it makes. I didn't realize how slowly I had become more and more adjusted to "dimness." It's a brighter world for sure.

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well, Elizabeth. My right eye has been very sore - hayfever from whiteflies? - for a couple of weeks and reading has been a chore. Most of my day is normally spent on kindle and computer so I know your frustration. Enjoy your bright new world!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Thanks for the kind comments, Gail.And thanks for stopping by. I hope your eye is better by now.